Posted by : Unknown Monday, September 30, 2013

Hello fella's,

Here I am with a new blog. This time it is related with the bracelets. I continued working on them because they are my training material and I need to finish a Cosplay outfit before the 19th of October and darn, it is approaching fast! That day I will be going to F.A.C.T.S. (the largest convention of the Benelux).

Oh well enough blah blah blah... let's see how the work on my bracelets are evolving!

First I made my own Mod Podge with some old leftover glue
(the blanco tube) and did 50/50 glue and water but it was still
way too liquid. So I added some extra glue to it. Now it is better
but still pretty liquid. Next portion that I will made is around 75%
glue and 25% water!
Then I hot glued the pieces of my bracelet together and ironed
them afterwards (between sheets of flyers) to fold them into the
right direction. (3 seconds of ironing and then you get around
10 seconds for heat-forming them). When that was done, I
started with covering the bracelets with the Mod Podge. It took
me half a day to add 7-8 layers on them.

When the Mod Podge layer was done, I added the first layer
of paint to it. My initial tought was making it gold or silver, but
I hadn't it in my reach and I didn't wan't to buy it as it was just
a test object. So I took the blue and it seems perfect for the cosplay
outfit I have in mind. So lucky me!!! Now it still needs one or two
more layers of paint and a layer of varnish! 

Greetz Binoshi!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Binoshi Forcena - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -